General File Guidelines
- Download our guides to ensure a more optimal print result (labeled as "Free Templates" on most product pages). NOTE: You may contact us and we can email you a pre-made design template if your template isn't online.
- Each job (including multiple paged projects) must be submitted as individual PDF files (such as 1 for Front and 1 for Back). Ensure that all pages are the same size.
- Files must be submitted with proper orientation to ensure proper back up.
- It is best to try to avoid using borders in your design. If a border is too close to the trim, the trim may be slightly off-center.
- File must consist of 1/8" bleed and all important art and text must be within the safety margin.
- Ensure that your PDF is high res and that all images are CMYK at 300 DPI.
- Black type should have the following values: C0, M0, Y0, K100.
- Embed or outline all fonts.
- For best colour results, supply a CMYK only files.
IMPORTANT: When uploading multiple files to your order, label each file appropriately such as "Front_File" and "Back_File" especially for "C1S" products (Coated One Side), otherwise we will choose which file is the front ourselves.
Example of a 3.5x2 Standard Business Card
Important Note for Foil Products (Foil Cards, Foiling Options etc..)
For best results, we strongly recommend you ensure the following to avoid delays and/or unexpected print results.
- Supply fonts larger than 8pt
- Use sans serif fonts
- Avoid having artwork underneath the foil areas (i.e. using a mask instead)
- Avoid areas of heavy foil coverage with small/fine (non-foil) text or linework knocked out, as there is a tendency for these to fill in.
- Leave at least a 5mm (approximately 0.20") foil-free area around the edges. Extending the metallic foil design to the edge of the card creates a high possibility of the foil peeling off.